St. Mary's History
St. Mary's School was opened in August of 1896 to eighty students. It is the oldest Catholic school in Williamson County. St. Mary's is part of the Diocese of Austin, Texas. St. Mary's School and St. Mary's Church are both wonderful examples of classic architecture. The church's stained glass windows and carved marble altar are especially beautiful, moving and peaceful.
It took more than simply beautiful buildings to make a school. Teachers and students were needed. In the early years, the Dominican Sisters brought religion, discipline, and solid education to the students of St. Mary's. They also instilled sound moral and spiritual values in all St. Mary's students from Pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
Today, St. Mary's has become an integral part of the Taylor and surrounding communities. Many of St. Mary's graduates now have children, grandchildren, and even great-grandchildren in attendance. We are truly a family, working for Christ and for His children, young and old. We enjoy the continuance of the Dominican Sisters as part of the excellence in education and spirituality. We invite anyone who is a former student, teacher, or staff member of St. Mary's School to e-mail us. We would love to hear and share in your memories of St. Mary's! Info@StMar